Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 10, 2009

Okay, so I lied... I didn't get back here in "shortly." But I'm here now, with photos from Saturday, Jan 10 --

Rog and I went to the Third Day concert at the new Dena'ina Convention Center in downtown Anchorage. This was the second time we've attended one of their concerts and the first time I've ever taken concert photos! The band was just fabulous, as always, but the actual "concert" experience was a little... disappointing. I think it's because the DCC is still "getting its feet wet" regarding how to stage a concert and also because of the enthusiasm of the gentleman in the seat next to me! Most of the concert we were on our feet - hoppin and boppin and raising our hands - and the guy kept rockin this way and that in front of my camera as I trying to line up the shots... But, I got three decent shots, anyway :) Oh - and I used Rog's little company camera (Nikon CoolPix) as I didn't want to lug around my big one, so I spent some time fumbling around with the different settings to get the best photos. I took video clips, too and will try to share them here in the blog, sometime.

Mac Powell

Mac Powell & Tai Anderson

Mac Powell
~ klb



No comments:

Post a Comment