Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 12, 2009

Four photos and a layout for you today! Our cold spell finally broke today and the temps actually got up into the high teens/low twenties. For those who didn't know - for the last 13 days we had not gotten above zero degrees F and most of that last 10 days were down in the minus teens and twenties!

"Danny's Tree"
This lovely tree -- aspen/birch/willow - I can never tell them apart -- belons to our next door neighbor, Dan. I love how lacey and delicate it appears when covered in frost, as it is here.


"Scamper!"
I was so glad to see this little guy popping up through the snow! I had spotted him several days ago, when it was still -20F and was surprised that the squirrels were still out and about in that frigid temperature. When I saw him again today, it brought a big grin to my face and I rushed for the camera :)



"Evening Commute, Heading North"
For some unexplained reason, the traffic was super slow getting out of Anchorage tonight. It's normally a 10-minute drive home from this particular location, but tonight we were crawling and it took me about 30 minutes to get home...


"Moon & Branches"
Cool shot of the moon that I took from my computer desk here at home. Used my Fuji S6000fd camera in program mode, with lens fully extended to 300mm equiv.

"Genesis 1:14-18"
Had fun taking several shots of the moon and put together this LO to share the best of them. I don't know why I couldn't get my text any brighter than it is - sorry if it's hard to read... *All photos taken from my computer desk at home, on the Fujifilm Finepix S6000fd camera, with fully extended lens (300mm equiv) and in either shutter-priority or program mode. Click on the photo to enlarge if you'd like to read the text.

~ klb

2 comments:

  1. These are very special, Kim. I love to see what new photos you post each day!

    ReplyDelete