Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 16, 2009

Well.

With the two tropical storm systems we have been in for the past four or five days, we have lost much of our snow and some areas of Chugiak (of which Eagle River is a part) and Anchorage have received flood damage to streets and homes. We've been breaking records for high temps (yesterday morning it at 6:30 it was 50F), too! The LO below shows the difference here at home in just a week's time -- and today (Jan 17) there is even less snow than there was last night (I'll post those pics later).

Credits:

Paper: Lauraskathi
Font: Times New Roman

Last night, we were able to see the world through rose-colored glassses, if even for a few minutes... I don't know the meteorlogic term for this kind of sunset, but everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - was pink! The photos below have not been altered at all, other than cropped and/or enlarged a little. Well - the first photo shows the snow melting off the roof, but all of the photos afterward show the pink. The eighth photo shows green, pink and purple all at once - that's because I used the flash and it highlighted the grass; the purple skies in the background really were that purple!










~ klb

1 comment: